Thursday 1 October 2015

Music to watch Tin Foil go by


 Right. As I'm sure you're all* coming into the home stretch with your tin foil hats (and the like) now, how about a little music to keep you going?
 Apologies for the adverts in the videos - I looked for non-official vids without advertising, but they were either crap quality or didn't exist (and, yes, I checked ViewPure, too)



 I've also been quite partial to Kim's "Never Trust A Stranger" and "Four Letter Word".


§

 Then there's Todd Rundgren's efforts that feature on the Space Station 76 soundtrack to wonderful effect:



 
You should also have a listen to "Hello It's Me" and the middle bit of the "Utopia Theme" (from 06:50 - 09:55). In fact, someone has kindly put together some of the tracks from the film on YouTube (starting with "International Feel"). Plus, here's the trailer to the gloriously 70s-future:




§

 While we're at it--films, that is--I have found myself rather taken by Austenland. Inexcuseable introduced me to it earlier this year and, after I initially poo-pooed it and actually watched it, I found it to be a completely charming, hilarious, and eminently quotable film!
"Shut up, Fartwright!"
"Bloody Amerwicans. Mrmrrrr..."
 Here's the trailer:



 
In the end credits, there's also an hilarious music video to Nelly's "Hot in Herre" which, unfortunately, has been taken down from YouTube. 
 
§

 Now for something new: Miami Horror



 
"Love Like Mine" features Cleopold (whoever he/she is?). I bought the album All Possible Futures purely from the sound of this track (which I first heard in H&M while shopping for trousers or t-shirts or somesuch).
 
§

 I hope you're not too relaxed as YOU'VE ONLY GOT JUST OVER TWO DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING YOUR TIN FOIL HATS (& accessories)!

 

* Except for The Mistress, who has chosen not to take part. Probably for fear of being upstaged by Ms Scarlet...


15 comments:

  1. Good god! Utopia Theme is almost as long as In- A-Gadda-Da-Vida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That Austenland is the best thing that ever happened to those bodice-rippers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “Ladies and gents, please take notice, I just got the schedule and look it says we get to go hunting on horseback! Can you believe it? Real horses and real guns. Release the hounds! Tally-ho! A hunting we will go! The British are coming! The British are coming!”

      Delete
  3. Will you please stop interrupting... you've just ruined my most creative moment...
    *Screws up tinfoil creation to start all over again*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll not be upstaged by anyone. What of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. Slip of the fingers. Obviously, that should have said: "for fear of upstaging Ms Scarlet".

      Delete
    2. I think everyone one should be in fear of upstaging Ms Scarlet...
      My entry is in though, and this is all that matters.... it's the taking part... the thought... who cares about the lack of effort *runs back to Wales, France... whichever country will have me*
      Sx

      Delete
    3. ::carefully inspects Ms Scarlet's submission::

      Well, there does appear to be a tin foil hat...

      ::puts on reading glasses::

      Reviens, Mademoiselle Scarlet! REVIENS!

      Delete
  5. video isn't playable in my cuntry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't understand what takes so long. My creation was rustled up in a little under three minutes to the accompaniment of the rent boy next door singing that Robbie Williams song about angels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my hat is all encompassing, just so you know...actually more like a mask, but it does cover my head, sweetpea! :D xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?